One of my many hometowns and favorite places, I bring you: San Francisco. I love 'the City' and its wonderful quirk and charm. With things as random as eucalyptus trees everywhere, San Francisco has the coolest vibe. Where the new meets the old and the cluttered meets the clean, San Francisco is a place of many colors. Everyone has a place in the City by the Bay. I find home in a bookstore or boutique on Chestnut or wandering around Clement or the Golden Gate Park. I find everything about this city endlessly fascinating. I left my heart in San Francisco, or more accurately, San Francisco will always be in my heart...
- Explore the Golden Gate Park
- Go to the Presidio and see the Golden Gate Bridge up close
- Walk across the bridge
- Eat at PPQ Dungness (order the garlic noodles and send me some!)
- Shop on Chestnut, Filmore, Sacramento, and Union
- Spend hours in Green Apple Books
- Visit all of the Golden Gate Park museums--I have visited them all and give them glowing reviews
- Snap the view from Telegraph Hill
- Spot the WILD PARROTS on Telegraph Hill (we saw a flock of 20+, better sightings than in Costa Rica. The wild parrots became natives of Telegraph Hill as people released their pet birds and they united and breed, creating the now wild parrots of San Francisco. Quite a story.)
- Explore China Town, a great whirlwind of culture and such an amazing sight. As with all crowded places, watch your bags.
- Eat Sourdough. Seriously, it's like not eating pasta or pizza in Italy.
- Drink Peet's coffee. Boo, Starbucks. And you better think of me as you indulge in a Russian Tea Cake.
- Shop at Brandy Melville. An Italian brand targeted for the hip California youth. What could go wrong?
- WARNING: San Francisco weather is the most unpredictable of anywhere I have been so far. Dress in layers, or get prepared to suffer through whatever conditions come your way.
The loveliness of Paris seems somehow sadly gay
The glory that was Rome is of another day
I've been terribly alone and forgotten in Manhattan
I'm going home to my city by the bay
I left my heart in San Francisco
High on a hill, it calls to me
To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars
The morning fog may chill the air, I don't care
My love waits there in San Francisco
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Francisco
Your golden sun will shine for me